Saturday, June 24, 2006

Shot in the head

Had a big day today. Went paintballing with Daniel and his friends in Malaga. That was really fun. i got put into a crappy team i think. In the second round i ran forwards to position myself behind a cover and then started taking pot shots at any bobbing heads peeping out of the opposing side's covers, when an orange SPLAT exploded within 20 cm of my head ON MY OWN SIDE OF THE COVER. i had a strong feeling that i had a very nooby team. Sure enough about 30 seconds later a sharp force hit me on the back of my head followed by a very sharp and also dull pain. i would have thought that the first splat next to my head would have reminded the BLIND and/or MORONIC idiot to AIM FIRST and then fire. Hopefully he doesn't join the army. They seem to have enough problems of their own already and definitely would not want another 'incident'. Some other guy in my team didn't realise that he was firing blanks from his gun which obviously had a paintball jam. i tried to shout it to him, but i don't think he noticed. Overall my side only won 3 out of 8 games. Daniel recieved a few bruises and some kid broke his ankle badly in the capture the flag round. It was very exciting for me when my shots hit the person that is also shooting at me, especially when that dude that charged and panicked when he saw me standing behind a cover with my gun pointing at him which caused him to run around me (not very gracefully) and started shooting wildly, (more importantly inaccurately), which kept me alive and allowed me to 'plant' an orange mark in his face mask at a distance of three meters to end the battle. It was also a bit nerve racking when i realised that my team was really crap and we were probably gonna get hurt with paintballs exiting their barrels at 400kms/hr. Also went to karaoke later in the night. Daniel got drunk and i got him to sing country songs and other funny songs that would seem funny when sung by intoxicated individuals whose normal sober singing may have normally been within a reasonable coherent level, if not for their reaction times which were slowed to the point where words were out of sync with the words on the screen and were 'sung' with such a slurred rambling loud noise-like and sometimes shouting tone that it would have gave a large array of ammunition of self-esteem-destroying verbal insults for the judges of Australian Idol. Anyways it was all in good fun and i managed to get some fresh air away from slaving at work and at home where i have to look after my siblings whose parents decided to go on a one month overseas vacation and happened to be the only "real" cooks in a low-level dysfunctional family that could cook proper asian style dishes that go well with a nice hot steamy plate of rice. Still me and my sis's cooking skills have improved somewhat in the past week although i really do hate my sis's steamed peas, carrots and corn which are completely tasteless but however, we should still be able to keep ourselves away from malnourishment till the time our parents come back. My head still hurts.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Chrissie. <3 I hope your head feels better now. I don`t like steemed vegitables either and I feel bad for that kid whos ankle exploded. <3 you.

-Chrissy